- Foods high in fiber; Mayo Clinic has a great list of these kinds of foods. You know they say that “an apple a day will keep the doctor away,” it really is true! You can fight that bloated feeling by eating foods high in fiber regularly.
- Juices, such as apple juice and pear juice, will help fight constipation.
- Coffee, we all should know, is a natural laxative. This is because of the high caffeine content in coffee, which relaxes your bowels. Voila! Let it out!
- Cigarettes (if you smoke, of course) are also a great laxative. I know that sometimes I need to put out my cigarette in order to make it to the bathroom in time!
- Water, which makes up about 70 percent of your body, needs to be ingested regularly to avoid constipation. Water is a necessity of life, and without it, a huge affect is constipation.
- Ginger, a root sold in most grocery stores, also helps your digestive system.
- Cayenne Pepper is a good laxative that most people have in their house.
- Nuts, such as almonds, help your digestive system. If you are trying to lose weight, almonds also fight hunger.
These common household items will be sure to cure your constipation and clean out your body! If you still have issues, you probably should go see a doctor ASAP. Constipation may be a side effect of an illness or pregnancy.
Tags: almonds, apples, caffeine, cayenne pepper, cigarette, cigarettes, constipated, constipation, cramps, cure, diet, dieting, doctor, eating, fiber, food, fruits, ginger, household, hungry, illness, juice, laxative, nuts, pears, poop, pregnancy, products, stomach ache, strawberries, toilet, water